At home in Leeuwarden
It isn't very difficult to start feeling at home in Leeuwarden. Frisians are hospitable people who gladly accept you the way you are. If you make a little effort to become "a Frisian among Frisians", they will be enormously enthusiastic. They will also gladly show you their beautiful province.
Would you like to know more about your new place of residence? To visit Frisians at home? To go to sports events, the theater or a community festival with a native of Fryslân? Would you like to get further acquainted with the Frisian language and culture?
What do you get as a Junior Frisian?
- a real Frisian person who will gladly show you his or her province;
- access to the Volangteers website, which is full of interesting things to know, tips for places to go and useful addresses;
- nice podcasts to learn the basics of the Frisian language;
- an MP3 player which enables you to listen to your podcasts and lots of other things;
- three months of free access to the Frisian webcommunity eduFrysk;
- "Junior Frisian", a guide to becoming at home in Leeuwarden, Fryslân and the Netherlands;